Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We're not in N.H. anymore, Toto

Recently, I've been tuned in to the political coverage and getting all set for the N.H. primary, listening to the radio, watching Fox News ( often at ungodly hours of the night while I feed Aiden - it helps me to stay awake), thinking about candidates, smiling about my alma mater being in the center of attention these days ( Ooo- look! It's the Dana Center! Ooo- look! Alumni Hall! Ooo- look- he's standing outside...um...that building I can't remember the name of anymore...the one with the campus post office - help me out here, K.M, C.S., E.H. etc.) ... and then it suddenly occurred to me with a sad, sinking feeling that I'm NOT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE ANYMORE! I'm not eligible to take part! For the first time since 1996, I won't be voting in the N.H. Primary. Wah. I don't even know when Georgia's primary happens. Sigh. It's a bad feeling, being left out in the cold. Or, rather, the warm, as the case may be. ( Yesterday we were in the 70's here, so I guess it's not so bad...)

3 comments:

John L said...

Georgia votes on Super Tuesday (Feb 5th) with about 20 other states. Hey, at least your vote will count -- by the time my state holds its primary the candidates will already be locked in.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as a primary until just a few years ago. Evidently I have been living under a rock.

Just wanted to let you know I have so graciously bestowed an award upon you in my latest blog entry. :)

Anonymous said...

that would be the cushing center. Yes, how cool is it to have the old alma mater so prominent!
c.s.