Monday, October 31, 2005

The Ghoulish and the Ghastly

I think Halloween is one of the wierdest events of our culture. You go around to total strangers, dressed in outlandish clothes and demand candy. And they GIVE IT TO YOU!

What's weirder is- I'm kind of enjoying this. This is the first time I've really been in a position of a grown-up handing out candy. It's rather odd.

I have had so many people come...I have lost count. Among the memorable costumes were a flock of princesses, a very cool home-made robot, Darth Vader, the Grim Reaper ( I think he was crossed with Frankinstein because he had bolts sticking out of his head- the goriest yet tonight), Bob the Builder, a camoflage ninja, a glow in the dark skeleton ( it was rather thrillingly creepy to see him descend my front lawn in all his green bony glory), and the last ones who were just here were a bunch of hoodlums that were WAY too old to be doing this- they looked like they could be college age! I kept looking around to see where their children were-- but it was just them. What a crock. They did have a semblance of costumes...But really! For shame!

And guess what! Tonight we got a call from the movers and found out that our stuff is coming on Thursday morning! Yay! I can't wait! Penny and Nate's stuff came today. Hurray! Hurray for stuff! Hurray for not sitting on folding chairs and sleeping on air mattresses anymore! ( Brad just got back from going and visiting Nate and Penny - just so he could sit on real furniture for a while. And to enjoy their charming company, too, of course.)

6 comments:

Laughter said...

I hid in the back room every time those with identity crises came knocking on our door. Someone else can do the dishing out of dental rotting delicacies, thank you very much. :)

Laughter said...

Oh, I almost forgot...

YAY for furniture and its imminent arrival! I'm so happy for you two, and Nate and Penny, also.

Woohohohooo! :-D

Mrs. RF said...

Yeah! I rejoice with you! You can make it for a couple more days!

Kate said...

Totally unrelated subject ahead:
Brad, where is the scanner now?

Brad said...

Katesj., I put it back in its original box and placed it in the office under the fax machine shelf. I never did get around to scanning those negatives...oh well. Have at it.

Kate said...

that's okay, and thanks.