Thursday, August 16, 2007

Too many ways to communicate!

Do you ever feel like you have too many choices? Like when you go to the grocery store, for example. Do you ever stop to consider how many options you have just for cereal? There's a whole aisle for cereal! It's an indecisive person's nightmare. But with today's technology, the whole "too many options" dilemma extends to many more issues than just food.

This morning, I wanted to tell Penny something. But the list of ways of how to contact her is almost overwhelming. I could - A. email her ( which is what I ended up doing), B. text her on my cell phone, C. call her on my cell phone, ( C. Sub-Section 1: Call her on my landline), D. leave a message on her Facebook wall, or E. talk to her in person. TOO MANY CHOICES! I guess I also could have included THIS ( blog about the thing and then wait til she sees it and comments on it) on my list of options. That would be Option F. So, just for giggles, let's double-dip and go with two options...Ahem- Pen, there's a yardsale for tomorrow listed in the paper in our favorite subdivision in the world. ( Not OUR subdivision - but rather, our dream subdivision, the one whose initials are B.A.) Are you working tomorrow morning? If not, we could go and drool over the houses as we bargain hunt...

As I was reading this to Brad, he said, " Or you could write her a letter! Or you could harness the carrier pigeons! Or send it by smoke signal!" Ah yes. How could I have forgotten our little fleet of pigeons? So handy.

5 comments:

Gimli said...

In lieu of the carrier pigeons, you could send Grandpa! Tie a note to his leg and send him on over!

pennyjean said...

As you know, I got your e-mail first. I'm really excited about going to our favorite subdivision!

Shari said...

I want to go to the yardsale! LOL!

I've thought the same thing many times about communicating. :-)

Amy said...

I had to giggle aloud at the "Ah yes. How could I have forgotten..." part. Husbands...so many silly ideas! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that letter writing is now in the same category as smoke signals!