Monday, May 09, 2005

My Brain is Not For Rent

Okay...I just need to post something...ANYTHING...to get that picture off the "front page" of our poor blog. It's kinda disturbing. And what's more scary- we have had more hits on our blog lately to see that than we have had in a long while! In short, it's time to move on...and expunge the "lurking horror" from the topmost post.

Okay! So! Today's news! Um...I was helping some girls with math today. Yes - me! And I showed this one girl how to do a certain equation and she was just flabbergasted and proclaimed to the room that I was a genius and she wished she had my brain. This amused me highly. ( And when I read this to Brad, it amused him highly as well. In fact, he positively cackled with glee.) I wish that this moment had been projected backwards in time to when I was in eighth grade and struggling with all things math. Algebra was my nemesis in those days. I never could have imagined then, in a bazillion years, that one day, I would be tutoring girls and thought to be a math whiz. In fact, I still don't imagine it...Things get to a certain difficulty and I'm like, " Sorry! Ask Linda!" ( She's the REAL Math Genius/Teacher.) So, yeah, it was a pretty good day at work! Nice to get one's ego stoked every once in a while...even if you know it's totally misguided and based on completely FALSE grounds!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... relief! I must admit that after the first one or two bouts of hysterical laughter, the only reason I could force myself to scroll down all the way through the Lurking Horror was to see the new ways Derrick was finding to curse the universe. :)

I'm so impressed with your math skills! I'm totally dreading having to take math in any form in college (even "Contemporary Topics in Mathematics"), but I love it when people don't know me well enough to know I have no clue...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about how nice it is to get one's ego stroked. Right before I was let go, mine got so puffed that I didn't even mind leaving, at least for a week or two. Aren't words of aff. great!

Booker said...

Well, my ego wasn't boosted. My 15minutes of fame got used up by some horrendous boots! Who do I appeal to to get a "do over"?

By the by Claire, grande' on the math stuff. Now you never need dread the time your kids will ask you that stuff :)

Booker said...

By the by, the title sounds like a song.

You should make one up. It might go bigtime, gold, or even platinum. Then you could retire at 30, and live the life of a mysterious benefactor til you die!

And all because of your blog. Absolutely amazing...