Thursday, September 08, 2005

Various Musings on Laziness, Cleanliness and Dreams

I have observed a strange phenomenon during the last few days. There comes a point in each day when the desire to be productive wanes...and all you want is to escape. You don't CARE any more. You just want to run away and do ANYTHING but what you're doing...and preferably be in the midst of order and cleanliness, please and thankyou. ANYWAY-The strange phenomenon is that each day that time comes earlier and earlier. Weird, huh? At first it was like 4:00 in the afternoon...Today it was like 11:00 in the morning!! But it's okay because the end is truly in sight.

The funny thing is I've been getting tons of sleep...so it's not that I'm tired...it's just a psychological thing, I guess. Along with that tons of sleep comes strange dreams. I dreamed last night that my mother won tickets to be in Oprah's audience. I was SO excited because she said I could go in her place. Where did THAT come from?

Brad dreamed that I had a baby while he was at work...And it was a girl and I named her Marci. ( Congratulations, Marci! A little namesake!) He was SO mad at me because that was not a name we had agreed on. In fact, he was so mad that he drove home and went to bed. Well! Later, in a rage, he drove his car so fast that he lost control and crashed into a tree...and it turned out that I had twins...a boy and a girl, but I guess I hadn't bothered to name the boy...

Well, things are pretty much wrapped up. All the boxes are ready to go to UPS...in fact, they should be in the Durango but the boys are checking out the engine in said vehicle. Checking out the engine?! Boys...!

In a situation such as this, you just give up trying to be clean because it is an exercise in futility. I learned days ago to yield to dirtiness. Dust and grime are EVERYWHERE and it's impossible to feel clean for more than two minutes. I think that's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to about leaving here!

3 comments:

Booker said...

You can DO it Claire!!! Hang in there!

And babies, and one named Marci? I feel bad for the unnamed one, poor little guy. Maybe you forgot his name because you were so excited about Oprah?

Well, thankgoodness for blogging. You can stay in touch and know what is going on from FAR FAR FAR AWAY!!! whoohoo...

CKS said...

Claire--I think the productivity saturation point has a parallel in college. I usually reach a point in the semester where I just DON'T CARE anymore, and I'd be happy with C's in every class. And that point usually comes sooner, and sooner. In fact, right now, scarcely two weeks in, I feel like I could care less how I do in my classes.

lis said...

Wow, Marci and Horace. How cute!
heh heh heh...