Thursday, March 08, 2007

It's been one of those days...

...when everything goes wrong all at once, and then the doorbell rings and it's been so crazy that you are not even properly dressed for the day yet but you answer the door anyway to find two JW's ( Jehovah's Witnesses) who want to talk to you ...But I guess one isn't required to be spiffed up to send them packing. But that was just the element of the day that was like that proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. After that, I laughed and cried at the same time.
( That whole last paragraph was actually the title to this post...but it wouldn't all fit in the title section. But you can just consider the post really starting now):


In the spirit of the title:

Did your mother ever tell you that if you couldn't say anything nice, then you shouldn't say anything at all?

This is me, not saying anything.

>:-+

6 comments:

Booker said...

Claire, I know exactly what you mean. So I won't bother trying to "chuck" you under the chin in an effort to cheer you up[which would only serve to heighten the mood you're already in].

So I shall join you here. Unless you want to come down to my level for a couple of hours :-)

and if you need to vent and say something mean to me, please do! My skin is pretty tough ;-)

Claire said...

DJ, you are just a precious gem. Bless you.

All is well. Really. It just takes a bit of time for me to ride out the storm and realize it.

Linds said...

DJ's comment reminded me of when we were in Bible school, and he'd let me punch him when things got too much for me to handle. Punch away, Claire - he doesn't mind :)
(Oooh - I just felt like Claree in "Steel Magnolias" when she offered Weezah as a punching bag!)
PS - I'm proud of your self control!

Claire said...

Liiiiinds...! You are a precious gem as well. Your S.M. reference was truly apropos and quite hilarious!

And if I had more self control- REAL self control- I probably wouldn't have even posted at all! But I couldn't resist the ironic potential of telling the world that I wasn't going to tell it anything...which defeats the purpose...and I guess I can stop...you don't need me to spell it out ad nauseum...yeah, stop, Claire. Self control, my foot!

Amy said...

There is nothing wrong with being a little weird. :) I vaguely remember learning about meade in history class...maybe we can pretend there was a cherry Lil Meade for the little warriors in training. Little tiny lances, little tiny swords, little tiny cups of meade...kind of gives the Medieval Period a cute spin. Because I don't think there was a lot of cute going on back then. :)

Amy said...

I misspelled limeade, you misspelled mead(e)...and I misspelled mead because I copied you. Really. I checked the spelling against your comment. It must be a bad day for spelling. Especially because I just had to fix my spelling of spelling twice. :)