Thursday, November 30, 2006

You know...

You know the neighbor kids have been over visiting when all the M&Ms are gone from the bowl of communal trailmix. ( I make it sound like they broke in like hoodlums and stole my chocolate- not so. They came and played with Stanne.)

You know you have something to blog about when you play a game of air hockey with your 83 year old grandfather-in-law at a demo table at Sam's Club. And he beats you. 2-1.

You know your husband has a very bad chest cough because when he laughs, he sounds like a heavy smoker. Eeegh.

You know your bathroom painting project has gotten out of control when you find yourself looking like a sweaty hobo/terrorist/walking fashion faux pas ( wearing 80's safety glasses and a pillowcase tied around the lower half of your face as a mask --because you can't find your do-rag that your step-uncle Scott gave you as a wedding gift) scraping the popcorn off the ceiling. Messy.

And I don't make up pointless lies. So the part about the do-rag from Scott N. is the truth. One of my favorite wedding gifts of them all!

5 comments:

ljm said...

You know you're in my neighborhood when you put as many locks on the door as you can and put up a NO Soliciting sign and hope your neighbors come nowhere near you, whether it's to play with your cat or not.

You know you're hallucinating when Claire posts again, before you even have a chance to read the last one!

Anonymous said...

Good ol' step-uncle Scott! His gifts are amazing... a do-rag!? I'm so jealous :)

Shay Dawg said...

I have such a weird family.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to play you at airhockey so I can feel good about myself :-)

TripleNine said...

That sounds like so much fun that the next time Jill goes to Sams Club I'll have to tag along just so I can challenge her at air hockey. :)