Saturday, December 08, 2007

Trivia from my Current Life

Today I sat out on my back porch and ate a popsicle. ( Well- a frozen fruit bar, to be precise. Strawberry, to be even more precise.) It was THAT warm out. I think it was in the 70's. I even went for a little waddling walk. Hallelujah for the southern climate....or global warming- whichever it is. :) I think my blood has thinned to the point where I could not move back to the north without a severe shock to my system.

In other news, I have two more days of work left ( and maybe a workshop day on Wednesday)
( baby permitting) until I go on maternity leave for a couple months. I'm really going to miss Philip. The tentative plan right now is to start back at three afternoons a week in February... Who knows how all the details will work together but I would really like to stay involved with him; I have invested a lot in him and he's a wonderful person. I think we work well as a team. If it's at all possible, I want to make it work. I am so incredibly thankful for this job; it has been such an ideal situation for me during the past nine months. The people, the hours, the pay, the commute, the work itself - I could not ask for anything better.

In still other news, Penny and I are considering becoming vandals: we want to go around popping the big inflatable holiday snow globes that people have up in their yards. As an affront to good taste, they make us seethe with righteous anger. And speaking of vandals, why is it that the Vandals got picked to be notorious? Why not the Visigoths? Nobody says, "That was an act of visigothism!"

6 comments:

ljm said...

Plus, those things look like they'd be a lot of fun to pop!

drewey fern said...

Ahhh! Visigothism! I love it! And I also love that your work with Philip has been so ideal.

Anonymous said...

When I was in Bible School many years ago, Mr. Marstaller informed us that we needed to pray against the randalls that had broken into a neighbor's house. He kept talking about the "randalls" until his daughter spoke up and said "You mean vandals!" We were all laughing away because Bob Randall was part of our class!

Amy said...

70 degrees...*cry* It was in the teens and 20s today and I did not enjoy it. I would trade a cup of cocoa for a fruit pop any day (until, of course, it's 100+ degrees, then the reverse is true)!!

I will join you in your snow globe popping out here, just tell me when. :)

Anonymous said...

Claire, I truly believe you are the only person in the entire universe, past, present or future, who would have thought of such a question and such a word (Visigothism), and that is just one of the reasons why I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

With the possible exception of Andrew.