Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wedding Nightmare

Okay. What is the deal with stressful dreams of late?

Last night, I found that I was at Fairwood, getting ready to attend Jeff and Fritha's wedding. Uh, change of plans, I guess. I had thought they were going to get married in Florida...but ...WHATEVER. So, they asked me to sing at their wedding- in real life, not just in the dream- and as I made my way to the chapel, I realized that I didn't have my guitar. It was up in my car at Fairview. Argh. So, with minutes to go before the bridal processional, I had to charge up the hill - in the cold, gray rain- to find my guitar. And then, as I entered the church dragging the guitar, panting, puffing, bedraggled- somehow, still moments before the wedding started- I realized that I was also missing the piece of paper on which I had written the words and chords of the song...I was inches from wild-eyed panic. Man! Talk about irresponsible and disorganized! I was so glad to wake up and realize it was all just a dream. I hope this isn't a bad omen about my performance at the real wedding- still six weeks away. Now I'll be real careful to make sure I bring the guitar and music...

Usually, it's the bride who has nightmares about her wedding. I can't imagine Fritha being so stressed that she would have bad dreams about it...so I guess I will volunteer to take care of that aspect for her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire-I will have to ask Charlie to interpret for you. I always get him to interpret mysterious dreams that I have.
The teeth one is pretty major--you said something about losing a tooth in your last one. I think you and Brad should take a long vacation on a desert island or something....Destress etc...

drewey fern said...

I had wedding nightmares in Gretchen's stead! More than one, in fact. Brace yourself...

Booker said...

Ask Carmelo-he's our generations Joseph, heh, heh, heh...

Anonymous said...

Ha! Claire! I was going to tell you but Andrea already did...I think she had way more bad dreams about my wedding than I ever did!

I actually only remember one, in which I found myself about to proceed down the aisle but without the appropriate footwear. I believe I was wearing brown sandals, and hastily inquired of someone in the vestibule if she thought they were a good enough match with ye olde white wedding dress. Evidently the answer, whether from her or from deep within my heart of hearts, was No!, because the next thing I remember was racing down to the Main House to one of the rooms in the girls dorm to see if anyone had anything I could borrow for shoes...Yikes...