Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Never a dull moment

Guess what I got paid to do today? Play Uno! Yes, I had my turn sitting 1:1 in the office with Miss April Fool herself, and after we finished schoolwork, we had a few games of Ye Olde Uno. It was kinda fun but the whole time I was wondering if she might be plotting another escape that would take place when I was watching her...so it wasn't really that relaxing...So I'm eyeing her, checking out the door, pondering possible escape routes, and trying to win at Uno...all at the same time. It's a wonder I actually won a couple times. And she cheated! Surprise!

I also got paid to do an art project with the girls. Every week, a wonderful lady, who we all call "Honey" because that's what she goes by with her grandchildren, comes to volunteer for about an hour ( although it usually turns out to be two hours) and does art with us. I participated along with the girls and did the project this morning; I made a "stained glass" creation out of black construction paper and colored tissue paper. I was quite happy with the results.

I also attended an hour and a half staff meeting, dealt with a girl who wouldn't get ready in the morning because she had lost her nose ring during the night and was tearing the room apart to look for it, and armwrestled a girl during P.E. ( I lost - how scary is that...) So if this kind of job sounds appealing to anybody, the Shelter is hiring...part-time positions, sub positions, transporters...Come one, come all! It's a boatload of fun!

No comments: